(100% TV-L E13 for PhD and TV-L E14 for Postdoc)
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy. You will join the team of Tatjana Petrov at the Department for Computer and Information Science and the German Research Foundation (DFG) Excellence Cluster, University of Konstanz. Your position will be embedded in the newly established Centre for the Advanced Study of Collective Behaviour (CASCB), a Cluster of Excellence within the framework of the Excellence Strategy of the federal and state governments in Germany, and a global hotspot for the integrated study of collective behaviour across a wide range of species and across scales of organisation. The project will combine probabilistic verification, machine learning and computational statistics, towards the overarching goal of formally and scalably modelling collective behaviour. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to closely work with the experts on collective behaviour across taxa and scales, and to closely participate in the experiments at our centre for animal tracking and immersive virtual reality. More about the project.
- Developing theory and tools for modelling and analysis of collective phenomena
- Ensuring a productive project collaboration with cluster researchers within the project “Formal modelling of collective behaviour”
- (upon agreement) Coordinate and mentor student projects and support teaching activities of the group
- Write research papers and other publications
- MSc (respectively PhD for postdoctoral applicants) in computer science, mathematics, physics, or related field.
- Experience in mathematical modelling, formal verification, and/or statistics is an advantage.
- Good communication and writing skills are essential.
- An open, highly motivated, interdisciplinary research group
- Professional infrastructure and support for conducting research
- Ability to work with world-leading scientists on a new and exciting research field
- Integration into the interdisciplinary Excellence Cluster research community – Working and living in a fabulous and diverse environment
How to Apply?
We look forward to receiving your application (including a cover letter, a full CV, research statement (required only in case of a postdoc application, 2 pages max.) relating your interests to our research project, and names and e-mail addresses of two or more academic referees) by February 15th 2022 directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. pdf
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between univer-sity and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).